Will Trauma & PTSD Therapy Help Me?
Although everyone responds differently to therapy, the truth is that the treatments offered by Brave Embers Wellness are very effective. Not only are we providing the best treatments for PTSD that exist, but our therapist is doctoral level with extensive training and experience in treating PTSD. The chances are that you will start feeling much better after just a few weeks or a couple of months of trauma counseling.
- Negative Thoughts About Other People
- Hopelessness about the future
- Difficulty maintaining close relationships
- Feeling detached from family and friends
- Lack of interest in activities you once enjoyed
- Difficulty experiencing positive emotions
When you have PTSD, it may seem like you’ll never get your life back. But it can be treated. Psychotherapy and short- and long-term medication can work very well. Often, the two types of treatment are more effective together. The most important thing in getting help for PTSD is to confront and treat the memory of the traumatic event rather than bring it to the back of your mind. This is the main goal of trauma-focused CBT or EMDR.